Our Clinical Pilates class is held in our studio in Oakleigh and each instructor is a qualified physiotherapist. We accept all skill levels from beginners to advanced, and cater for those who are recovering from injury, pre and post-natal women or if you are just looking to strengthen your core.
Clinical Pilates at Energize can help you achieve a stronger, toned, more flexible body with increased postural awareness and improved function. It is an excellent form of rehabilitation following an injury, aiming to reduce pain and prevent recurrences.
Pilates is based upon the philosophy of Josef Pilates but has been adapted by physiotherapists to treat and manage musculoskeletal conditions and prevent injury.
Clinical Pilates is implemented and supervised by trained physiotherapists, who have an in-depth knowledge of anatomy and injuries. They can accurately assess your issues and provide a targeted, personalised program to achieve your goals.
Clinical Pilates can be beneficial for:
- Back or neck pain
- Headaches and jaw pain
- Pre or post-natal women
- Hip and groin injuries
- Those experiencing sedentary lifestyles or manual work
- Teens with growth spurts or poor posture elderly
- Performers such as dancers, musicians, and singers
Before you commence Clinical Pilates at Energize Physiotherapy and Clinical Pilates you are first required to book in for an Initial Assessment with one of our Physiotherapists. This is so the Physiotherapist can assess your specific needs and begin working on a program tailored to you. It will also give you a chance to be introduced to the specialised equipment we use in the studio.
- Approx 45 minutes duration
- Following the initial consultation, patients are required to undertake 4 subsequent consultations before joining our classes.
- $90.00 each approx 30 minutes duration
- Claimable on private health insurance if you have Physiotherapy Extras cover
Supervised Program Sessions during CoVID-19
Our Supervised Program Sessions are designed for you to conduct your program with the guidance of a Physiotherapist. During the COVID-19 isolation and restrictions, Energize has decided to allow a maximum of 4 participants per class to ensure social distancing is undertaken.
- 45 minutes duration
- Claimable on private health insurance if you have Physiotherapy cover
- Non-Slip socks must be worn