Check out our very own Dietitian, Nicole Moroney’s recipe for Spicy Beef and Vegetable Soup. Nicole is our Dietitian and loves to cook healthy meals for her children and throwing dinner parties for her friends.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons, paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 500g low fat beef mince
- 400g can no added salt red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 x 400g cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups passata
- 2 cups reduced salt beef stock
- 2 cups water
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add diced vegetables and garlic, cook stirring often until onion is tender.
- Add spices, cook stirring until fragrant, 2-3 minutes
- Add beef mince to pan; cook, stirring until mince in brown. Add beans, tomatoes, passata, stock and water. Bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender
- Ladle into bowls
- Freeze leftover soup in single-serve size containers when cool, for an easy, healthy, super quick meal option.